Friday, February 12, 2010

Soooo.....

So, what did you do today, Jennifer?

Well, I'm glad you asked.  I paid for a new water heater.  For our house.  You know, the one that's ON THE MARKET. 

I'm thinking we need to take the sign out of the yard and stay for a while to get some of our money's worth.  Take lots of hot showers and wash clothes and dishes all day.  But then the dishwasher will break down and we'll be right back where we started. 

And then!  And then I come to my senses and am thankful to have water to heat and the money to replace things that break. 

And although things don't always go like I plan or even like I want, I am reminded that I am blessed.  Blessed beyond measure and way beyond what I deserve. 

How has God blessed YOU today?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't it hard when stuff like that happens, because even when you have the money to fix it....you don't want to spend it on THAT. You are soooo right about the perspective, though. We are so very blessed. Here's to lots of hot showers and dish washing this weekend! :)

Faith said...

He has blessed me with a quiet morning at home to dig in His Word and allow it to speak to my heart. It was just what my soul needed :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Last summer, FOUR of our neighbors' hot water heaters broke with in a six week span. I live in a little fear that ours is going to go out soon... and I hear they're expensive to replace. Should probably put money specifically into a hot water heater fund so that I'll be less disappointed about having to pull it from somewhere else. Sigh.

Sorry about that, Jen. Hope your weekend improves!

Melissa said...

No, I would not say that is a FUN way to spend money.. that's for sure! Not long ago Steve had to replace all 4 tires on his car and THAT was not fun either. It's true though...we do come to our senses and realize that we are thankful that we have a car! :) Well, maybe that new water heater will make the house sell! ha! :)
Love you!